Stay connected to what’s new and important at e2r®. Our bi-weekly e2r® Alerts will update and educate you and your team on latest developments in employment/labour law and human resources.
View our archive of past e2r® Alerts
- Thinking of alleging just cause as a negotiation strategy with a terminated employee? Think again!
December 8, 2016
- Planning for the Upcoming Statutory Holidays
November 24, 2016
- Waiting a Little Bit Less – Government Changes EI Waiting Periods
November 10, 2016
- Independent or Dependent Contractor? That is the question
October 27, 2016
- Economy is in a slump, but the minimum wage continues to rise!
October 13, 2016
- Another Bad Consequence of Harassment
September 29, 2016
- Changes to Legislation May Require Changes to Employee Documents!
September 15, 2016
- Ontario Agency Receives $125,000.00 Fine for Failure to Implement Violence Protection Program
September 1, 2016
- Bonus Bonanza for Terminated Employees
August 18, 2016
- How Does a Court Determine Reasonable Notice?
August 4, 2016
- Hands off, employers! There are new rules affecting tips and gratuities in Ontario!
July 21, 2016
- Sign on the dotted line…but not yet!
July 7, 2016
- Off Duty Conduct: Are Criminal Charges against an Employee Grounds to Terminate for Cause?
June 23, 2016
- The crackdown on unpaid internships continues…
June 9, 2016
- Employee Vacations Should be Fun for Employers Too!
May 26, 2016
- April showers bring… health and safety and employment standards blitzes!
May 12, 2016
- Dismissed employee awarded 5 times their salary!
April 28, 2016
- Bill 132, Sexual Violence and Harassment Action Plan Act Creates New Obligations for Employers
April 14, 2016
- 1 Touch + 2 Hugs = $15,000.00 in Human Rights Damages
March 31, 2016
- Everyone is an employee … for the purpose of human rights legislation!
March 18, 2016