Date Delivered: Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Topic: Are We Sure We’re Right? Common Employment Law Misconceptions
We have all heard them before – those pesky employment law misconceptions that seem to permeate the workplace. These misconceptions form the foundation for frequent questions such as:
- Are contracts signed on an employee’s first day enforceable?
- Are salaried employees exempt from overtime pay?
- Are probationary employees entitled to notice of termination?
- What happens if someone resigns in the ‘heat of the moment’?
- Can employees who are pregnant or on maternity leave be dismissed?
Some misconceptions are laughable; however, some misconceptions sometimes make more sense than the reality. As a result, these misconceptions can have some costly consequences for employers.
This e-Learning session explores some common employment law myths relating to overtime, vacation, resignation, termination, along with other topics in the hopes of finally setting the record straight.
A copy of the presentation and recording can be found on your member portal.
If you have any questions, please contact our Continuing Education Coordinator at 416-867-9405 or via email at [email protected].