Stay connected to what’s new and important at e2r®. Our bi-weekly e2r® Alerts will update and educate you and your team on latest developments in employment/labour law and human resources.
View our archive of past e2r® Alerts
- Remembrance Day
November 7, 2019
- Terminating For Cause: Ask First!
October 24, 2019
- Employer Obligations and the Right to Vote
October 10, 2019
- Beware of the Dreaded Oral Agreement!
September 26, 2019
- Six Months’ Service = Six Months’ Severance
September 12, 2019
- Contractors: Dependent or Independent
August 29, 2019
- When an Employee Changes Their Mind
August 15, 2019
- Beware of the fixed-term contract! $1.3 million awarded to Former Employee
August 1, 2019
- A Slap (or Three) in the Face – Ignore a Harassment Claim and Pay the Price!!
July 18, 2019
- Is “Ethical Veganism” Considered a Prohibited Ground of Discrimination?
July 4, 2019
- Bills C-63 and C-86 to come into force September 1, 2019
June 20, 2019
- Legislative Changes for Alberta
June 6, 2019
- Good News! Severance Pay Based on Ontario Payroll Only!
May 23, 2019
- BC Proposes Amendments to the Employment Standards Act
May 9, 2019
- Canada’s New Parental Sharing Benefit
April 25, 2019
- Over $60,000 Awarded for the Mishandling of a Sexual Harassment Complaint
April 11, 2019
- Bills Bills Bills!
April 8, 2019
- The Truth Can Hurt and That’s Okay: Providing Negative Employment References
March 28, 2019
- Employer in Saskatchewan owes close to $20,000 in overtime for misclassifying an employee as a manager
March 14, 2019
- Does an Employee Have a Right to Their Personnel File? Maybe.
February 28, 2019